UNFPA Indonesia is looking for the next batch of talented Indonesians to join their volunteer Youth Advisory Panel for the 2016-2018 period – to help collaborate, promote and strengthen youth participation and young people’s rights in line with UNFPA’s programme and activities.
Having first established the Youth Advisory Panel (YAP) in 2008, members are encouraged to engage in the planning, monitoring and decision-making process of selected UNFPA programmes. Through YAP, young people have access to provide the means for communications, exchange of ideas, knowledge and views among young people.
“YAP brought together like-minded members, all with different backgrounds, together with the same vision to help Indonesian youth have better access and information on reproductive health,” explains former YAP member (2013-2015) Mr. Faqih Aulia Akbar Rasyid. “I liked how YAP gave me a new family with diverse backgrounds, different cultures and passion.”
Ten talented young Indonesians will be recruited to join the next panel, where they will have the opportunity to share ideas and identify emerging issues for young people in relation to achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, advise UNFPA on ways to increase and strengthen youth participation and leadership and also look at opportunities and challenges for moving the agenda of young people’s rights.
To apply, volunteers must be:
- Aged between 17-22 years old (max. age 24 by 31 Dec, 2018);
- Have experience working with youth networks;
- Are team players, have strong organizational skills and a flexible work ethic;
- Able to liaise with different organizations at a regional, national, and international level, including Government partners, donors, UN agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Can work in a cross-cultural team and environment;
- Have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in English (both oral and written);
- Creative skills to develop and/or design related products and publications.
If it sounds like you fill these requirements, we want you to apply. Please download the application form here and email your completed form to email@example.com by 20 March, 2016.